Search Powered by Google

Philippines State University, UP Diliman Part 01


my parents' house is near the University of the Philippines Diliman Campus, it would be quite fair to say that i spent a good portion of my life growing up in the Diliman Campus, which is roughly around the neighborhood of twenty years or so. this goes without saying that i've literally seen most of the changes and transformations the university campus underwent from the early 80's during its academic brilliance's peak both inside and outside of the four corners of the classroom through the late 90's which probably signaled the beginning of hampered thinking. consider what my parents have to say, given that they still live and work in UP Diliman - i rest my case.

since i've been living independently for roughly a decade now and decided to take up residence in makati, i programmed myself to drop by my parents house during sundays and holidays; sometimes to take them out shopping and have a nice dinner. it dawned on me at one point that somehow i kind of miss the old  Diliman campus; so i pocketed my trusty nokia E72 gassed-up the BMW E34 and burned some rubber, UP was on semestral break after all. my objective was to revisit my backyard university and check the low-down on my childhood playgrounds and hopefully reach some sort of epiphany in the process.

University of the Philippines BMW E34 Road Trip from http://beemerup.com